I just made a new blog for my online tie dye shop!
Check it out! and follow if you like it :) I’ve only posted a couple things so far, but there will be more to come for sure!
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the wrong in animal testing, it is really inhumane, but honestly it is more humane than human testing, which because of the amount of people who are against animal testing has actually become very common in medicine. The reason people don’t hear about this is because when you are being tested on your doctor isn’t required to tell you. When you are given a prescription medication you sign some papers, and like 90% of the world probably don’t read them first, but one of those papers is an agreement to allow your doctor to test on you, and they don’t have to tell if they will or will not test on you and don’t have to tell you when they start or finish if they do test on you. Most of this testing is done on older adults (they prefer to test on young people but its only allowed in serious situations, and situations where the young persons lifestyle allows for testing) and is minor, but when people get in certain situations such as ones where they can’t drive or work a whole lot they can do serious testing without telling you and without getting in a legal situation or causing serious changes in you lifestyle. When serious testing is done, the patient typically suffers a lot side of effects and may be hospitalized. The patient will typically notice by this point that they are involved in testing, but when they begin to question the doctors they will usually be very vague, rude, or give you excuses that don’t make sense (and when you tell them it doesn’t make sense they will usually say “you won’t understand” “its difficult to explain to patients” “Only us doctors understand” or something along those lines) to prevent you from knowing. The worst part is that when the doctors do not receive the results they are looking for they will not report these results to the FDA. So, often, the patient suffered for nothing, and people may be put on this medication not knowing that is an effect and be put unnecessarily on more medications
There are ways to tell if you’re being tested on
- Often times you will be switched to a new Doctor without warning
- Doctors will seem less personable
- Doctors will ask you if you are having side effects, if you report ones that they don’t want to hear they will tell you “that is unlikely, I think we should increase your dosage” even if the effect has nothing to do with what you are being medicated for.
- Doctors may increase medications for little or no reason at all
- If you react badly to the increase in medication and/or are high all the time they will ignore your complaints and may even request to increase the dosage to a higher one
- They may ask you to be hospitalized for testing to find something you already no about your disorder/disease
- If/when you are hospitalized they will often do tests that they said you wouldn’t have to do, ask more of you than you were originally asked to do, and do things that will aggravate your disorder and mood.
- If/when you are/were hospitalized the bill will be often double or triple the allowed price by the insurance company, but they will often pay it off anyway
- Blood samples may be taken just about every time you go to the doctor, even if it is just for a simple cold
- Doctors will give you a doctors note for school or work for just about any complaint you have
You are at a higher risk of being tested if
- You don’t drive
- You don’t work or only work part time
- Have a genetic disorder/disease seen in more than one living family member
- Don’t have children or don’t plan on having more
- Have a rare disorder/disease or one that appears in an uncommon way
- Would like to increase your medication
- Were recently injured or involved in an accident
If you don’t believe this, I can assure you its true, I’m telling you this from personal experience. I had a cold for 2 months that was untreatable with antibiotics, serious mood changes, a yeast infection that lasted two months, a bleeding anus for a month, diarrhea for two months, was high constantly, experienced vertigo spells, had serious acid reflux (I couldn’t lie down without vomiting and had to sleep sitting up, often blood would come up with the vomit as well), and had a skin infection called necrolysis. All of this went away within 4 days of being taken off of the medication they had forced me to increase when I had told them it was making the condition I was being medicated for worse and requested to be taken off of it. I was forced to be hospitalized and I would prefer not to talk about what went on during my stay there, but I will say that they asked much more of me than they had originally told me I needed to provide, the doctors were also very rude to me, vague, and unpleasant about my complaints. They refused to report my side effects and the worsening of my condition to the FDA because they did not want to see the results they received. My mother and I are sending a report to the FDA ourselves because we do firmly believe that what I experienced should not be experienced by others who are put on the same medication as I was. We also recently received our bill for my hospitalization and it was $27,890, the maximum allowed by the insurance company was $9,840, but the insurance company payed off the whole stay anyway.
CHECK THIS OUT!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
I know like nobody reads my posts anymore and I barely even post anymore but please check out my etsy page! If you like tie dye, hemp jewelry or even pokemon (I have one pokemon related item) I’m sure you’d find something you would like.
heres a link to my shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CarysTieDye
my shop twitter: https://twitter.com/carystiedye
and my shop Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/carystiedyeetsy?ref_type=bookmark
I also have an instagram, just look up carystiedye and it should come up
Thanks for supporting my shop!